FEATURE FRIDAY! Did you know our shoes are Vegan? Our love for animals extends beyond our numerous office dogs, it is ingrained in every shoe we make. In honor of this Feature Friday, we caught up with two of our favorite Vegan Newtonites, and asked them a few questions:
Lyndy Davis, Olympic Trials Qualifier in the Marathon:
1. What is your favorite Vegan meal? Mexican veggie fajita bowl with lots of guacamole
2. What is your favorite Newton model? Women's Distance! (Also the Motion)
3. What is your favorite animal? ELEPHANT
4. What is the biggest myth about veganism that you would like to dispel? That "Being vegan is hard." Going vegan is now easier than it has ever been before. Vegan menu options are increasing due to popular demand, also plant-based restaurants are on the rise. I save time cooking vegan because it is easier and faster than preparing meat and dairy meals. Labels also help clearly indicate vegan safe foods and products. Choosing to be vegan was one of the best decisions I have made; making vegan choices is simple and I feel remarkable (better for your health, wallet, planet, and animals)!
Harvey Lewis, Ultra Running National Champion:
1. What is your favorite Vegan meal? I really like a black bean burger with baked sweet potato fries and brussel sprouts sauteed in olive oil.
2. Favorite shoe model? I love the Newton Gravity 7! I’ve been wearing the Gravities since 2010.
3. Favorite animal? Pigs are my favorite! They are really cute, especially when they are in a playful mood, and they are smart like dogs.
4. What is the biggest myth about veganism you would like to dispel? "Where do you get your protein?" I’ve been a vegetarian for 23 years and vegan for 1 1/2 years. As an elite Ultrarunner. I’ve found since being plant based, my recovery time is much quicker than before. If you eat a variety of foods, and enough calories, you’re going to have balanced nutrition and get enough protein. Plants are a rich source of protein. I may have a vegan protein fruit smoothie once or twice a week. Everything else I’m eating is whole quality plant based foods. .
#newtonrunning #vegan #running #plantbased #thesearegoodshoes #triathlon #bcorp